At Heads Up we believe great education creates better lives, a better society and a better world. We believe life is a journey and the tools we have determine what we can make of it.
We play our part by working with school leaders to create high-performing cultures that create genuinely outstanding schools; schools that provide today’s children with the tools for successful tomorrows.
Founded in 2011 we have crafted our training so that they have a big impact and improve schools. We are still at 100% recommendation from the hundreds of school leaders we have trained.
We create high performing school cultures by developing the leadership skills of school leaders through a range of courses on:
1. Creating a compelling vision
2. Successful difficult conversations
3. Growing the skills of the team through coaches
We know what we do works and now it’s time to increase the impact we have. We’re on a journey to expand our team with a full-time trainer to join our family and deliver exceptional quality training which makes an immediate impact to the success of our schools.
This is an opportunity to become a key member of the team at an exciting time of growth in Heads Up.
Overview of the role:
There are two over-arching principles for our trainers:
1. Love your schools and do everything you can to help them create an outstanding culture.
2. Our trainers need to know their content well, deliver it to high standard, and be able to facilitate. They need to be confident and comfortable enough to be flexible in their facilitation, guiding the team towards the goal but mindful of where the team are and nuances that are needed to get the best result for the team. If you train by following a set script and can’t see when to deviate from that then this will not be the training role for you.
For the role you will need to:
3. Learn how to be an exceptional trainer – we will train you to do this.
4. Deliver our training nationwide at least 4 days a week during term time.
5. To kindly challenge schools thinking so they can see where they need to develop their culture. 6. To be committed to making schools truly outstanding (this is more than a job, it’s a mission).
7. To own the school’s journey and be invested in their success.
8. To look for ways to improve our courses and to meet and share these within Heads Up.
9. Keep up your own personal development – you need to be passionately pursuing and pushing your own excellence – we can always do better and one aspect of our values of impact is about us being the best we can.
10. Open to feedback – both receiving it and giving insightful feedback to the team and schools.
You can find out more about our work at www.ukheadsup.com
Start date: early Sept 2019
Full time salary band: £25,000 – £30,000, dependent on experience, pro rata for part time appointees.
Predominantly term time hours (40 weeks in school, school holidays off, more details on application).
Most of our schools are in and around London however we do have schools all over the country and so some nationwide travel during term time is required.
Great! Email email@example.com and she will send you:
1. An application form.
2. Details of the application process.
3. Job description and person specification.