Information we need from you
Please email your trainer with the names and roles of those attending, no later than 3 weeks before your first training day.
Pre-coursework for all attendees
As an attendee, you’ll get more from the day if you do this one piece of pre-work:
- 2-3 weeks before the day attendees need to complete this form: https://ukheadsup.com/preparation-successful-difficult-conversations-training-day/
This asks you some questions about about a current difficult conversation you need to have, not one you’ve already had. The issue might be one you are already talking about but hasn’t been resolved or one you need to start a talking about.
- We recommend everyone gives us their hardest conversation because then we can help you most.
You don’t have to fill this in before the day, but it helps people focus on the conversation they need to have most of all.
What we need on the day
- For the duration of the training try to find a space where you are not distracted.
- You don’t need to use headphones but can choose to use them if you prefer.
- Use separate devices during the training – you’ll get more from the session than if you share.
- If there are more than 6 of you on the programme, for the ‘Core skills for Successful Difficult Conversations’ session you will need two rooms and so be on separate devices.
In person sessions:
- A room for the day where you won’t be disturbed.
- Enough tables and chairs for everyone, set out as boardroom or horse shoe.
- A flip chart stand and pad.
- A projector to connect to our laptop (USB or HDMI connection).