Information we need from you
Please email your trainer with the names and roles of those attending, no later than 3 weeks before your first training day.
Pre-coursework for all attendees
As an attendee, you’ll get more from the day if you do this one piece of pre-work:
- 2-3 weeks before the day attendees need to download and complete this sheet: https://ukheadsup.com/preparation-successful-difficult-conversations-training-day/
This asks you some questions about about a current difficult conversation you need to have, not one you’ve already had. The issue might be one you are already talking about but hasn’t been resolved or one you need to start a talking about.
- We recommend everyone gives us their hardest conversation because then we can help you most.
- Everyone needs to bring 3 printed copies to the day.
- Please send the completed sheets to your trainer who will have been introduced to you in your confirmation email.
You don’t have to fill this in before the day, but it helps people focus on the conversation they need to have most of all.
What we need on the day
All courses need:
- A room for the day where you won’t be disturbed.
- Enough tables and chairs for everyone, set out as boardroom or horse shoe.
- A flip chart stand and pad.
For the Core skills, Flexing you leadership style, Get to the point and Tools & Techniques training days:
- In the afternoon we will need a second room if we have 7-12 people on the course, and a third room if we have 13-18 people.
For the Legal Awareness day:
- We will also need a projector to connect our laptop.