Why is it so hard to be outstanding?
I’ve heard many reasons why schools are struggling to be outstanding and I’m sure you’ve heard most of them, if not all.
- We have high EAL, high SEN or high mobility children.
- Our parents don’t value education or have little aspiration.
- There’s a lack of consistency, the team isn’t following policies.
- Recruitment is an issue.
- Staff just haven’t bought into what we want to do.
- There’s not enough money or resources.
- The Ofsted criteria keeps changing.
- We will have to compromise on staff wellbeing and I’m not willing to put that extra stress on my staff.
These are not the reasons your school isn’t or won’t be outstanding.
How do I know?
Because since 2011, I’ve walked into a lot of schools and I know more ‘outstanding’ heads than anyone else* and the patterns of how to become genuinely ‘outstanding’ have become very clear.
Getting to good is about compliance, systems and making sure a demanding list of actions are done every day and it’s no small feat.
Getting to outstanding is about creating a high-performing culture, something most leaders are not adequately trained to do; it’s the reason most schools struggle to break the glass ceiling of good.
Only 6% of schools gain or maintain the Ofsted ‘outstanding’ judgement
24% of schools Heads Up have supported have gained or maintained their outstanding judgement**
I believe that every school can be outstanding.
I know I can help you.
Join me at “Breaking the glass ceiling of “Good” where I will be sharing some practical and fundamental advice to help you on your journey to building a genuinely outstanding school:
I will share:
- The problems faced when moving from ‘Good’ to better than ‘Good’.
- The key changes you must make for your school to become great.
- Practical tips you can take away and use immediately.
The pandemic has tested the grit and resolve of every headteacher.
Are you even more determined to build a genuinely outstanding school (regardless of the Ofsted framework) for your children and community?
If so, it’s time to step back a little from the daily operations and start strategically planning your journey to outstanding.
I can show you what that journey looks like.
The event was rated at 9.9/10 by those who attended last year!